Are you an author who:
- wants to learn to write dialogue that is true to your characters' personalities?
- wants to learn how to write accents that don't confuse or offend your readers?
- struggles to know how to properly punctuate dialogue?
- is unsure how to effectively use action beats to enhance your characters' dialogue?
- isn't sure how internal thoughts should be formatted?
If so, this course is for you. I work with authors who require professional editorial assistance to help bring their novels up to publication-ready level. Together, we address any issues with writing captivating dialogue and thoughts so that you can gain the skills needed to become a great author.
Imagine if you had all the skills you needed to write interesting dialogue and intriguing internal thoughts
Dialogue and thoughts form such an integral part of fiction writing. They should help to pull the reader in and drive the story forward.
But if the dialogue you're writing isn't true to character, or your characters' internal thoughts aren't punctuated properly, they will only distract and irritate your reader, and agents and publishers will add your manuscript to the slush pile.
This course will:
- teach you how to write dialogue that is true to your characters' personalities
- show you how to write accents effectively and without causing your reader to feel irritated
- show you how to bend the rules of grammar for the sake of great dialogue
- teach you how to use action beats and dialogue tags to enhance your characters' dialogue
- show you how to properly punctuate dialogue
- guide you through how to format internal thoughts
Who Am I?
I am a Professional member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading, and through them and the Publishing Training Centre I have undertaken specialised fiction editing and proofreading training.
I run my own editorial business working for traditional publishers, and I also help self-publishing authors or authors hoping to submit to agents bring their novels up to the standard required by the publishing industry.
I have created this course to give you the skills to write interesting and evocative dialogue and thoughts, not only for the book you're currently writing but also for the books you will write in the future.
Q: What do I get with the course?
A: You get an hour-long webinar which goes into detail about how to write effective dialogue and thoughts, which you'll have lifetime access to; you get a 30-day money-back guarantee; and you get a free download of my book, How to Write Effective Dialogue and Thoughts in Fiction Writing
Q: How much does the course cost?
A: The course costs £40, which you can either pay all in one go, or in two monthly instalments of £20
Q: What does the course cover?
A: The course covers the following:
- How to write dialogue true to your characters' personalities
- How to write accents
- Action beats, dialogue tags and non-speech actions
- How to bend the rules of grammar for the sake of characterisation
- How to properly punctuate dialogue and thoughts
- How to format internal thoughts
By the end of this course, you will be able to confidently write effective and evocative dialogue and thoughts, know how to use action beats and dialogue tags to enhance the dialogue, and know how to properly punctuate and format them to publishing standards.
Fiction Editor and Proofreader
Whether you're planning on submitting to agents or self-publishing, you'll need an editor to help bring your book up to industry standards and catch any pesky spelling or grammar errors to maximise your chances of success. Contact me via my website for a free 1000-word sample to see what a line or copyedit would look like for your manuscript, and request a free quote.